About the room
Looking for a roommate, starting on September 1 for an open, completely private bedroom with attached bath in an awesome 4.5 story townhouse right in the heart of RiNo. Awesome walkability—less than two blocks from Uchi, Work and Class, Los Chingones, Death and Co, Central Market, American Bonded, Patagonia, Lustre Pearl, Park Burger, Ten Barrel, about 10 thousand scooters and the Pedal Hopper Hive. Denver Triangle and Tracks are both within walking distance as well. Same goes for Coors Field.
Details on the House:
- Excellent natural lighting with floor to ceiling windows throughout. The total square footage of the house is about 2,500 square feet.
- The space is EXCELLENT for plant lovers with 4 patios. I have a ton of plants, but would ALWAYS welcome more! Two peach trees live on the lower patio which should be ripe right about the time you move in. There will be a ton of them!
- Extra storage space in basement where the washer and dryer live.
- Includes half of an attached two car garage (a rare amenity this close to downtown.
- Theres a powder room off the kitchen and a coat closet inside the front door.
- Furnished living room. There’s a wireless multifunction LaserJet and AirPlay connected speakers in a kitchen desk nook.
- Hardwood floors through out with newer carpet in bedrooms. Smart thermostats control the heating and cooling zones for the top three floors. There is also Smart lighting infrastructure in place (HomeKit and Phillips Hue). - Open kitchen with gas range, fridge with water and ice, dishwasher and toaster oven (no micro, but room for one) and plenty of room to cook and entertain. There’s also a gas grill on the kitchen patio.
- RiNo is quite simply an incredibly active and at times noisy neighborhood that’s full of great energy and people. It is by no means unsafe; however an understanding and appreciation for active urban life is necessary to enjoy living here.
Details on Room:
- The floor plan is a perfect shared space as the two bedrooms each occupy their own floor (the third and fourth). Essentially the place is two studio apartments stacked on top of each other with a shared kitchen, dining room, living room, powder room, basement and garage.
- Private, on suite bathroom included in the bedroom (pedestal sink, toilet and shower). There’s ample wall mounted storage solution potential if necessary. A recently replaced, oversize hot water heater provides enough hot water for days.
- Bedroom is huge, 16’ x 16’, plenty of space for a queen or king size bed and furniture.
- Ultra high ceilings (16’ on front side of bedroom.)
- Crazy amount of natural lighting.
- It has two closets. They are pretty standard size honestly, however the bedroom is more than big enough to accommodate a wardrobe cabinet and/or dressers if your clothing/shoe collection is supersize.
- Adjacent the bedroom is a large rooftop deck with views of the mountains and Coors Field (and their fireworks). It’s a blank sheet in terms of usability potential—from a table and chairs to patio seating or whatever you like. An umbrella is key though. There’s even a natural gas hookup for an aftermarket fire pit, or heater or anything else you want.
- Open to discussing paint and/or other cosmetic changes to make the space better reflect your energy.
Details on You:
- No preferences on age or gender really, preferably a member of the LGBT community or at minimum an ally. READ: LEFT OF CENTER moral philosophy is a non-negotiable MUST. =)
- No guns/killing weapons. (Although that may be open to discussion/consideration in an instance where a person displays expert knowledge in use/storage/need).
- Ideally past the “raging partier” stage of life. I mean everyone still goes for it on occasion, myself included, which is cool, but moderation is the desired vibe.
- Open to considering a couple. (The bedroom is definitely large enough to share and the house overall can definitely support three people.)
- Pet free preferred, but open to a conversation regarding one.
- Stable employment, ability to pass a simple background check.
- S“e“x positive environment. You do you. Wanna have someone over for a hookup? Go for it. Zero judgement. Enjoy your life. I’ve got ANC headphones. Just gimme a heads up so I know why there’s a rando on premise. =) All I genuinely care about is that you pay rent on time, be aware of the kitten occasionally trying to escape, and clean up after yourself–more on that in 3.2.1….
- SOLID BASIC ADULTING SKILLS regarding respect for common spaces and the necessary contribution in keeping them respectable. Know how to use a mop, agree that cooktops with layer upon layer of grease is gross, know that dusting sucks but is an occasionally required task and share the opinion that rotting food in the refrigerator is low budget along with overflowing trash cans and a sink full of dirty dishes right next to the first world amenity that is a dishwasher, etc and appreciate recycling and the overall conservation of resources (water/power) in consideration of minimizing one’s overall carbon footprint. #thereisnobackupearth.
- Be vaccinated, I mean c’mon.
Details on Lease:
- One year lease, September 1, 2021 to August 31, 2022.
- Utilities included in rent: internet, water, energy, HOA provided exterior services (snow removal, etc). Note that cable TV is not active but can be discussed.
- Renters insurance covering your belongings at minimum advised.
- $1650 per month, $1250 deposit, which is the going rate for studio apartments in RiNo currently, this space has far more to offer however. Deposit due at lease signing, first month due on lease start. These numbers are moderately negotiable as finding the right person for the space is more important.
About the roomies
Details on Me:
- I’m a 30 something Colorado native and single gay man working as an interior and kitchen designer. I have a bachelors from CU-Boulder and masters degree from CU-Denver.
- I’m an active volunteer and member of the leadership team in a coalition advocating the protection of Denver’s Canadian Goose population.
- I live a pretty quiet, low key life who is usually either working from home or being active outdoors (golfing, playing kickball, camping or going out to dinner.) I don’t often use the common spaces as my room is my happy space/sanctuary.
- I’m an Aries.
- I’ve lived downtown since 2005 and in this house since 2015.
- A playful and curious 1.5 year old cat named Ganzo lives here also. He’s outgoing, social, chatty and constant source of amusement who likes playing fetch and helping you do whatever you’re doing.
- I’m a 100% progressive and stedfast supporter of LGBT+ and BLM movements.